Monday, June 5, 2023

Weekend Notes May 29 - June 4



Looking at my camera roll you’d think it was a boring week. Really, there was so much happening that I didn’t have time to take the pictures. 

This was a week of fitness:



David did Jared’s favorite Memorial Day Work out “The Murph”. 
David worked so hard he bled. Either that or he burned the tip of his nose trying to take the lid off of a pot of scalding hot water with his teeth in the front yard and ripped off the scab with a too enthusiastic drop to the bottom of a push up. You decide which story is more believable.

I went out for a 9 mile WALK! But wanted a picture of my hair during the 1.5 minutes of cascading curls I get in a day.


I hadn’t meant to walk so far or for so long but I went off the gravel roads several times to see pasture and spring in South Dakota. It was so lovely and the weather kept changing so it felt like I was starting a new walk every 20 minutes. 

Later in the week I went on an in-town run and had to snap a picture of the spray paint just left for later on the street. Madison is a magical place.


Another run another day.


This is what the running the gravel roads in spring look like but this road is special because I met Meyers on it.


The library had a teen (Teen Advisory Board) sleepover on Friday.
The sleepover was in honor of one girl who had asked for one for years and years. 
She is moving this summer so I said yes and the crazy crew gave her a funeral.


During the “funeral” I used my phone to play sad music and laid it on the coffin.
I didn’t pay attention and let them drag it out. That must be when Charlotte Hasleton (niece/cousin/prankster) gave a hold of it and took about 200 selfies.
 

 

Apparently Willa got in on the action.

 

The teens finally dozed off around 2am. 
They were up and out at 8am and I survived the whole thing with the help of 2 parent volunteers and David. We walked to the Sundog Cafe to eat a calm and quiet breakfast.

I had to let Emma know that her scones are SO mush better.


And then, just because, I stayed for the library service project. My mommy came to help.
I had to snap a picture of our awesome sense of style!





More Emma: shes’ working on crowns with themes picked by her father:
Waterfall ideas:

Morning Star:
Well, she’s working as hard as Seppy, her cat, will allow.

Not pictured:
Enoch’s garden work.
Oscar’s watering work (for people on vacation).
Taran’s day-to-day.
And more.

Not all of it was good. Calvin left for camp and I miss him.
David got word from a grant that he didn’t get it.

But all-in-all, I’ll take it!




 

No comments: