Thursday, April 3, 2008

The last straw after a hard day.

Its strange how one part of your brain can say, “You’re going to break the garbage can lid if you keep whacking it with the potato masher like that. And look at all the potato goop flying through the air. Who do you think is going to clean that up?”
While another darker part screams, “Hit it! Hit it again! Again!!!”
Then the rational part breaks in, “You’re scaring Emma. Look, she’s cringing at the awful beast you’ve suddenly devolved into.”
The second part yells, “Good!!! Keep hitting it! Maybe she’ll understand that you’re a little miffed!”
Fortunately, for me, the first brain wins because I really don’t want to break the garbage can, I don’t like cleaning mash potato mess, and I don’t want to be a monster. But then the darker half turns to Emma and shrieks out loud, “Go to your room!”
Isn’t that amazing?

5 comments:

KWit said...

Oh Lisa that made me laugh so hard. The other day I broke a wooden spoon on the counter... but I thought that was better than the kid. My child on the other end, laughed at the spoon splinter that sprayed everywhere! You are not alone!!!

Whitlatch Family said...

Made my day, sorry to laugh at you.We have all been there.
:)

JB and Kirsti Meyer Family said...

So, I was confused as to who was holding the weapon (I now see it was Lisa) and so I had to read it again. The part I like the best was just after I finished reading it, I scrolled up the page and "A Forever Family" blinked across my brain and the computer screen. I can just see Lisa's crazed eyes and crutched body, holding her potato encrusted weapon as her children cower at the edge of the picture. Forever families.

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

Thanks Lisa. You are so awesome!

Laurie Hasleton said...

Lisa,
Oh....the memories of becoming Mommy Monster! I used to lock myself in the bathroom and run the water into the sink.

At the end of the day if everyone is alive it's a GOOD day.

Your Dad says...NaNaNaNaNaNa....wecome to the life of parenthood!