Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Home Alone

Okay, so the title of this post isn't exactly right. I haven't been Home Alone since early 1999. But I am now Home Without Help (not as snazzy a title, is it?).
For the last three WONDERFUL weeks I have had so much help.

David was with me the first week after Willa was born, then Kirsti came, and then my mommy flew out for the third week.

While Kirsti was here she scrubbed my floors...



And entertained my kidlins...

...with hers.


And went shopping, and talked to me, and listened to me, and watched movies with me, and took out the garbage, and did laundry, and did dishes, and picked up toys, and allowed us to sleep...



Then mommy came and she did the same.

She made sure the kids played outside...




And cared for Willa by bundling her--TIGHT...
Willa "burritofied."

and holding her--LOTS.


And baked cookies, and went shopping, and talked to me, and listened to me, and watched movies with me, and took out the garbage, and did laundry, and did dishes, and picked up toys, and let us sleep...



Added to all of this, we got help from some super, great, fantastic people
(David's co-workers,
the moms from Enoch's preschool,
the women from the Relief Society of our church,
neighbors,
family,
and dear, dear friends)
who combined forces to insure that for weeks would I never need to see the inside of my oven or put anything less than adorable on my baby. Many of these excellent people even included gifts for Emma, Taran, Enoch, Calvin and me.
I was so amazingly PAMPERED.

Makes me wish I could have a baby every month.

4 comments:

Whitlatch Family said...

Glad to read so many people are helping. Love the pictures of your mom and baby. Willa is a "sweet pea" I still call Ronny my sweet pea even though he is 7.

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

That pic of Willa with David looks exactly like Charly. Does she have a bit of a birthmark on her eye? Charly has one too. I think they'll be good friends.

Jen said...

She looks like she belongs with your bunch! It is interesting how we can feel "all alone" with a house full of people :) I hope that you are doing ok now that the help has left you (except hubby of course). I wish that I could be of more help. Take care!

KWit said...

I'm sorry your all alone. Congrats on the beautiful little girl. She is darling and I hope a good baby for you!! Keep smiling and remind yourself of the blissful feelings you had when all your help was there!