Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm Very Glad That He's My Dad

Happy Father's Day! To celebrate the wonderful men in our lives, here is a video and picture montage of the men who "can add up any sum" and "knows the name of every kind of jet."

Grandpa Martin
These precious videos were taken in 2005 at the Martin home around Christmas.


We love you and miss you, Dad, Grandpa Martin, and Bob.


Bumpa Hasleton
This video was an accident. I meant to take a picture, but the camera was on video. Although it's not as sentimental as above, I like my Father's teasy voice and it shows that he loves to hold his grand-babies. It was taken 2005 around Christmas.


The picture I was supposed to get. He and Enoch are playing with a "be-be" (pacifier).















More proof that he loves to hold the grandkids. This was taken last summer 2007 in Winfred, SD.















Calvin napping on Bumpa in DeSmett, SD, summer 2007. I recall that it was a really muggy day, not the best condition to hold a sleeping, sweaty baby, but that's what Daddies are for.
















David, Super-Daddy
This is another random video, but once you get past the uneventful first part (in which I complain so graciously) you can see one of David's amazing talents. "He's a tiger I tell you."

Taken Summer 2007 at the St. Paul temple by Cheryl Martin. The Paul and Christine Martin family had come for a visit from Virgina so Avery and Sydney could enjoy Uncle David's special talent too.


But galloping on his hands and knees to play with his children isn't the only thing that makes our Daddy super...

He's a patient and enthusiastic teacher. Here he sits with Taran Christmas morning 2006, showing him how to put together that blasted marble set.


He takes us wonderful places, like the zoo. April 2007


He's just a good place to hang out. Calvin, Summer 2007


He cuts his boys' hair (and his own!). Enoch, April 2007


He strives to head our family with the priesthood... "by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
By kindness, and pure knowledge, which greatly...enlarge[s] the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile" (Doctrine and Covenants 121:41-42)
St. Paul Temple, Summer 2007




We love our Daddy and our Grandpas! We're so grateful for the chance to be together forever!

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I heard about David's dad passing away. It's crazy how time passes. My dad died 9 years ago. Today was Mom's bday too. Anyway, cute videos. I'm glad you have them.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, the video of David galloping is laugh-out-loud hysterical. I believe the exact verbage from my lips was, "He's a freakin' oranguatan. Hey Tony, come watch this, do you think you could do this?" That is AWESOME! That's a sweet tribute to all the guys in your lives. Mine was just to Tony...ooops. :)

Ashley said...

David's talent is hilarious!

I know it's been a long time since we've seen/talked to you, and I hope you even remember who I am! I wanted to ask you a question - What truck company did you guys use when you moved? We are moving to Missouri in a few weeks and thought I'd ask for your advice since you moved "across country" also. Thanks!

Ashley said...

I'm Ashley Wright, btw, from Davis

Pao said...

I miss you guys !! David is so funny! I couldn't stop laughing,

Lisa said...

Hey Venisa! It's great to see you. How did you find me? You and Ashley are one of the reasons I haven't made my blog private. Welcome!
I went to your blog, you guys look great. I went to Vinnie's and Todd's too. It's so sweet that Vinnie named his boy after your father. Randomly, from time to time, I'll remember a story that Vinnie told about your dad and I'll bust out laughing. It makes me miss your dad too.
Your kids are beautiful, glad to hear that life is treating you well.
P.S. Can you tell Todd that he still has my book, Don Quixote. I never even got to read it, I want it back!