Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The White Flag of Surrender

The stomach flu has plagued our home since Thanksgiving! Everybody’s had it 3 or 4 times and I wonder if Calvin has ever really gotten over it at all.
We all have colds-vomiting while coughing is NOT a pretty picture-and just one toilet is very problematic.
The weather is just mean. Last week was -15 and -20 degrees. This week should warm up to some friendly 15 above, but it won’t last.
And my pregnant body is falling apart without the help of the above.
Hence, I have NO energy for all that living stuff like laundry, scrubbing, and feeding others.
I’m not complaining though. That’s not the point. I just want to know who I can lay down my arms to.
So, to the Powers that Be: I hear by concede all my cough syrup, pepto bismal, Clorox wipes and sprays, vitamins, chicken noodle soup, and puddings! Let’s begin the negotiations…

2 comments:

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

I would so come & take care of you guys!!! Darn it being 9 months pregnant.

Jen said...

I would have begun the negotiations, but I have been layed out with the same nasty stuff for the last few days. Now that I am feeling better... is there anything I can do for you?