Sunday, May 25, 2008

2, 4, 6, 8, Martins Got to Celebrate!

Calvin and Enoch turned 2 and 4 years old this month. Now, because Emma is 8 and Taran is 6, we're a cheer.

We celebrated Calvin's birthday with brownies.

A couple of days before his birthday, I taught him to say "I'm 2!" and Happy Birthday to ME!" You can hear it in the video.



Then after Calvin's birthday, but before Enoch's, we held an informal friends-on-the-block birthday party. Emma and Taran broke out the streamers and decorated. When friends arrived, we played yard games and ate goodies.

Here's Calvin with our friend Alex trying for a basket.

Enoch with Emma and the rest of the girls.

We ate watermelon.

And cupcakes. (That's our neighbor Sugar Mama, she's as adorable as her nickname.)



A few days later we formally celebrated Enoch's birthday with cake and candles...

...and "Heavy, Heavy Hangs", the traditional Richardson/Hasleton/now Martin way of gift giving.


GooOOOOoo MARTINS!

2 comments:

Whitlatch Family said...

You guys have been gone too long. I remember Calvin was soooo tiny when you moved. I am one to talk, I finally moved from "home/Mom" as well. Thanks for sharing.
Amy

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

Cute, cute! I wish we could have been there. I'm trying to talk Jared into letting me come see you guys w/o him.